Have you chipped, cracked, or broken a tooth? Maybe you have a child playing sports who has been injured. Do you have a tooth that’s been in pain for a while? Does it hurt to bite down?
Dental emergencies are varied and happen all the time. At Sunflower Dental, we make it a priority to provide emergency dentistry whenever possible. This includes welcoming same-day patients. On a case-by-case basis, we can even open our office after hours to anyone with a dental emergency.
Types of Emergency Dental Situations
Emergency dentistry requires that we be prepared to resolve any number of situations, from internal to external problems, including the following:
- Inflammation: If your gums are inflamed, especially around your wisdom teeth, you might need to come in for some emergency dental work, including periodontal care or wisdom teeth extraction.
- Pain when Biting: This could indicate a cracked or otherwise damaged tooth. It could also indicate a tooth infection.
- Broken Teeth: We can often help repair broken teeth with dental crowns.
- Swelling or Bleeding: This can be an indication of more serious issues, such as a tooth infection or periodontal disease.
- Gum Abscesses: This is a term to describe a pocket of pus formed in a tooth due to infection. We may be able to perform a root canal to clear out the infection.
- Tooth Trauma: Sports or accident related, we’re here to help treat your tooth trauma.
- Dislodged Tooth: When this happens, don’t touch the root of the tooth. Rinse it off gently. If possible, put it back in the empty socket. If you are unable to put it back in the socket, keep it moist. Call us right away!
All of these situations are serious but treatable when you contact an emergency dentist for help!
Emergency Dentistry with Sunflower Dental
Whenever you or a friend or loved one has an unexpected dental emergency, you can trust Sunflower Dental to provide you with quality care quickly. Call today to get the help you need!